DIPLOMA OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE (DECEC)
CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
This course is a nationally recognised qualification which is delivered in partnership with Australia-International Institute of Workplace Training (AIWT), an Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO CODE 51174).
This qualification is for those wanting to take on higher levels of responsibility and leadership in an early childhood setting. This course will prepare you in providing a healthy, safe and caring environment for children. You will learn how to design and implement the curriculum in children’s learning and development, and acquire the skills you need to foster the holistic development and wellbeing of children.
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE023 Analyze information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work healthy and safety
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy
- CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood or Primary School Education or similar
- English Proficiency: IELTS test score of 5.5 or equivalent.
80 full time study weeks including 5 x 2 weeks study breaks including 300 hours of work placement
Mode of Delivery
The course is delivered in a blended delivery mode consisting of group Skype sessions, face to face workshops, self-directed study, and work placement at a government registered childcare service.
- Regular check up on study milestones with strong and personal support from a team of dedicated lecturers from Singapore and Australia offering individual or group Skype coaching and /or one-on-one study support via email or Skype during business hours.
Pathway After Completion of Course
Upon successful completion of this Diploma course, student may gain entry into their preferred university programs. The amount of credits articulated will depend on the course and the university. Student may also choose to pursue employment in Singapore or overseas as a Professional Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Teacher.
Child Care Educator, Early Childhood Education Team Leader.